Wednesday, March 24, 2010

News news news

I've seen quite a number of movies and documentaries about Rwanda, but last night I finally managed to watch Sometimes in April.Along with Un Dimanche à Kigali, believe it's one of the best, a mixture of documentary and "fiction."

Trailer

You can watch it the movie online by the way.It's sometimes tough to watch obviously but the film puts an emphasis on the role of radio in inciting genocide, which I think is important to mention.

In other news, I watched a small CNN documentary on the DRC the other, which I thought was pretty good.It's nice that a big channel finally talks about the issue.I'm not sure a lot of people watched but it's an important step.I'm always a little skeptical about celebrities getting involved in these issues, in this case Ben Affleck, but I guess at least more people will listen.

CNN

No comments:

Post a Comment