Monday, May 31, 2010

Rwanda Rwanda.....

Today is my last day.I've been running around trying to find souvenirs.It's difficult because there is a lot I wish I could take back...(including one or two orphans but I think that wouldn't be smart).
I have had a fantastic time here, a better time even than in Ghana.Rwanda is an amazingly beautiful country and so are the people.It's sad that Rwanda still has a bad reputation because I think more people should visit.It is hard to explain how great Rwanda is or what it looks like, especially to people who have never been to Africa.There is almost nothing here that looks like what we know or see everyday.Yet this is exactly what makes it so great.Change, depaysement.
On Friday, for my last work day, I organized a little party for the people I worked with.Lots of laughs and tears...and a water balloon fight as well!It lightens the mood...
Tonight, I'll go to the local bar one last time, have brochettes (kebabs.Typical bar food here) and Irish potatoes with African spices.One last Primus or Mutzig (the two beers you find in Rwanda.Not very good but good enough) and I'll be good to go...

Last blog from Rwanda....

No comments:

Post a Comment