Friday, May 14, 2010

Rwanda bits and pieces

Motos: I'm addicted to them.They're basically like taxis.Here cabs are expensive so you either get a little bus, a moto or a bike. But motos are just fun.Are the guys always find it hilarious to drive white people around.

Bus: a lot of the drivers decorate their bus: Jay-z, Kanye, Bob Marley, Chris Brown (ew...although I've seen one that said douchebag), T-bag (I don't know who that is but bad choice of name), Eminem...

Football: Africa and Football (or soccer). They just go together.They can't wait for the world cup

Rwandan TV: hilariously bad tv shows.One is called "Banana saga" or story or something like that...very bad acting but almost fun to watch.

Music: Someone called Medhi is extremely famous here.That's all they sing.Not my cup of tea really but when I get back to Canada I'll probably want to listen to him just to remind me of Rwanda.

My Kinyarwadan is getting better and it's always a hit with people here.Hey, at least I'm trying.

Also, I'm establishing a little library here with all kinds of activity books and english books for kids, a few boxes have already been sent from England.But if you have children's books and would like to send some over, let me know. When I get back to Canada, I'll probably try to get as many books as I can and have them sent over.I know a few organizations collect books all the time.We got 13 boxes the other day and the kids (and adults) love it.
Or if you want to sponsor one of centre's children, simply let me know.We established a pdf file with all the information.

No comments:

Post a Comment